Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Monthly Dinner Planning

In January 2014, I tried a new (to me) idea of planning out in advance all the meals I was going to make for dinner that month. I had several reasons for doing this. The two most important reasons to me were to stop making the same things every week and to cut down on the amount of times I had to go to the store for groceries. So I was getting bored with being bored with my food and trying to save time and money.

Since April 2016 will soon be here, I thought I would share my menu schedule. Hopefully someone out there on the interweb will find it useful.




Pizza is a favorite meal for my two boys. It's one of the only things they don't pick at, so that's our go to on Friday evening. We switch between getting take out, frozen, or home made. Neither my husband nor I is ever likely to get sick of it anyway.

Here is the menu I made for April 2014.




Since I do this planning so far in advance something invariably gets changed. So I might change Monday night's meal for Thursday's or vice versa. But it makes me feel better having a plan so that I am not scrambling at the last minute when my husband comes home.

No comments: