Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Coil Basket - Take 1

I wanted to share some other pictures of the coil basket that was in my post yesterday. I made this about a year ago after seeing a bunch on Pinterest. This was made with ordinary clothesline that I bought on Amazon. It took one package with a length of 200 ft. I used this product. My finished basket is approximately 10 inches wide and about 12.5 inches tall.



It easily holds all of my boys' shoes including one pair of snow boots.
 These coil baskets are really easy to start. You just make a small coil and then sew an X through it on your sewing machine. From there you can begin sewing the coils together using a zig zag stitch. I apologize for the cell phone pictures. (We moved a couple months ago and I STILL haven't bothered to dig out my camera. Yikes! I'm lazy ;)

















Finishing the basket was trickier for me. I tried to cut the end of the clothesline at an angle so that it would gradually taper down, but my scissors must not have been sharp enough, because I ended up with this little mess at the end. I'm not too fussy though so it doesn't bother me. My next basket I will go more slowly and make sure I have the end trimmed better.

If you have any questions, leave a comment and I will try to help out. Thanks for looking!

No comments: