Pages

Friday, September 2, 2016

birthday wishlist

This post is kinda like birthday wish list for me. It's going to be totally random.

I've been reading a lot of this blog lately. I love the colors and her photos. It's a lot of fun. But anyway, she has a print for sale of a gumball machine. So that reminded me of the one I had in junior high. I wonder what happened to it? My parents are cleaning out their house and to my knowledge they haven't come across it yet. Maybe I already got rid of it, but now I feel like I need one. So there is this beauty on Amazon.

My lifestyle is not very fancy (#understatement). I never host large gatherings of people. I've hosted 16-17 for Easter and birthdays, but that's it. So my lifestyle definitely doesn't qualify me for needing demitasse spoons or iced tea spoons, but that doesn't mean I can't want them, right?

This spice rack is such a good deal when you consider that you get 5 years worth of free spice refills. I have one, but I'm soon getting another. My grandmother had this style spice rack in her kitchen. The kitchen at my grandparents' house was/is one of my favorite places on Earth, that and screened porch connected to it.

I got a Keurig. I went with the K15 in jade color. so pretty. So now I need some of these to go with it. A sample pack like this might be a good place for me to start.

I bought myself wooden train track pieces for my birthday. Here are some more pieces that I can't wait to add to my collection. one two three four I started off our wooden train collection by getting the tracks from Ikea. I thought it was the most affordable. I didn't know there were other options out there like this one that's only $28. I especially like the short curved pieces. I still have to find some of those for my collection. Here's another set that's only $28 and it comes with 59 pieces. Setting up the train tracks are one of my favorite playtime activities with my boys. I like how it encourages problem solving patience and IMAGINATION.

I love this fabric from ikea. It's bees! I'd use it for pillows or tote bags. Here's another cute fabric. I think I would use it for a baby quilt backing or pillows. And wouldn't this fabric be cute if you had kids color it and then sew it up into aprons.

No comments: