Pages

Monday, September 12, 2016

Birthday cakes

Last weekend we celebrated the birthdays of my two boys. They turn 3 and 5 this month.

We did a turtle cake and a spidercake. These cakes are not pinterest-worthy, but guess what! The boys don't care! They were thrilled and that is the most important thing.



I don't know where my cake decorating stuff is exactly, in a box in a basement somewhere. So I just used a ziplock bag with one corner snipped off to draw these lines. I did the turtle cake first and was not happy with how skinny the lines were so the next cake I snipped off a larger piece of the corner. 


Would you believe I actually used to work as a cake decorator!? HA! I don't know why I didn't ever take a camera in when I knew I would be doing a wedding or birthday cake. So my piece of advice for today: If you do anything creative at all at your job, if you are allowed to, take a picture of it! Of course I don't know if some employers would frown on that? Would they? But a picture is worth 1000 words and I wish I had some photos now. 


No comments: