Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Unbox the attic

Easter day, my family and I visited with my husband's side of the family at his parents' house. One of the things that was high on my priority list to do while we were there was dig his LEGO out of the attic. My oldest son is really starting to get into them and my younger son likes them but is still too little. Although it is the cutest thing watching him try to maneuver the pieces so they stick together. It is good fine motor skills practice. Anyway, so we got his LEGO out of the attic and while we were up there we found some other boxes to look through. I thought I would put together this post because apparently "unboxing" videos are all the rage on YouTube. This is my version of an unboxing vid.

So I found a bunch of treasures in a box labeled 3-4. This puts us back in the early 1980s.



This hat is Barbie doll sized.



This egg was a perfect find for Easter Sunday. 



bronco bustin' piggy bank






marionette with broken wires



I love the details on this, as my 4 yr old would say.






I love this sheepskin vest. 



vintage RBDE tee. 
I love this shirt in particular because my family would vacation near Rehoboth every year and so we would always go there for a day to do the boardwalk and rides and games. So it was neat to find it in my husband's toddler clothes. 


Photographer humor


mosquito tee
Husband's grandmother's 2nd husband was a pilot and the two of them got to travel the world. So quite a few of these tee shirts are ones that she must have bought on her travels. 












I really love these vintage tees. I feel like I hardly ever see neat, funny designs like these anymore. 
So for now, these are still in storage but I am getting them back out soon so I can wash them, ready for my littlest guy to wear. 

No comments: